We Respect Your Privacy
VDMfest respects the privacy of all our customers and business contacts, and is committed to safeguarding the personal information which you provide us. Also, VDMfest is subject to the requirements of the National Privacy Principles which are contained in the Privacy Act 1988 (the Privacy Act).
How is personal information used and disclosed?
VDMfest uses of your personal information may include:
- to process and administer your dealings with us as a customer or as a VDMfest member;
- to provide you with the products and services you have requested from us;
- to contact you if there is an event cancellation or change in event details;
- to enhance your experience when using our website and mobile site; and
- disclosure to and use by third party contractors and service providers to help us operate our business or provide a service to you. VDMfest may disclose your personal information to third party contractors and service providers who help us operate our computer systems, provide us with fraud prevention services, send out our mail/email and clean collected data and who perform data analysis to group demographic attributes of individuals, such as “genres of likely interest”.
VDMfest may disclose your personal information in certain limited circumstances as follows:
- to third party contractors and service providers as detailed above;
Where VDMfest makes such disclosures, we take reasonable steps to require these organisations to agree to comply with the National Privacy Principles. Otherwise, VDMfest will only disclose personal information if this is required by law, permitted under the Privacy Act or where we have your consent to do so.
Sometimes VDMfest extracts information from our collected records to produce aggregated data. This aggregated data does not identify individuals. VDMfest uses the aggregated data for research purposes and may share the data with third parties.
Security of personal information
VDMfest protects the personal information it collects in a secure database, in proprietary data format, which can only be read using proprietary tools. In storing your information we have taken a number of steps to protect your personal information from misuse, loss, unauthorized access, modification or disclosure. Data collected online is stored in a Microsoft SQL database; a protected, secure data centre that is unreachable by the internet. VDMfest encrypts data sent from your computer to our systems during internet transactions. VDMfest also employs firewalls, intrusion detection systems and virus scanning tools to protect against unauthorized persons and viruses from entering our systems. VDMfest employees are required, as a condition of their employment, to treat personal information held by VDMfest as confidential, and to maintain the confidentiality of that personal information. They are also required to use a sign in and password when accessing VDMfest systems.
Additionally, we take reasonable steps to destroy or permanently de-identify personal information when we no longer need it.
Sometimes VDMfest needs to collect personal information about individuals who are not customers. This will usually arise where we collect the name and business contact details of a person who is the contact in a government agency or company with whom we deal. VDMfest policy is to only use personal information collected from non-customers for the main business purpose for which it was collected.
Access and correction
Under the Privacy Act, you have a right to seek access to information which VDMfest holds about you. You also have the right to ask us to correct information about you which is inaccurate, incomplete or out of date. If you are a VDMfest member, you are able to access or correct your personal information by logging onto our website (www.vdmfest.com.au) or mobile site (www.vdmfest.com.au). If you are not a VDMfest member, you may access the information VDMfest has collected about you by placing your request in writing and sending it to us using the contact details below. Please include your phone number and enclose a copy of a form of identification such as a current driver’s licence or passport with your request. VDMfest policy is to consider any requests for access or correction within 21 days of receipt.
Transborder data flows
Some of VDMfest third party contractors and service providers may perform certain services overseas. For instance, a third party contractor may utilize a server hosted overseas as a method to send emails VDMfest customers. Where this occurs, VDMfest takes reasonable steps to ensure that all personal information is handled in a manner that is consistent with the National Privacy Principles.
Online privacy issues
- C. VDMfest special offers and third party offers. If you consent to receiving VDMfest special offers, VDMfest may use your personal information to provide special offers from third parties. Where such special offers are sent to you, they will be sent by VDMfest and may be co-branded with the third party. You may opt out from receiving VDMfest special offers at any time by logging onto the VDMfest website and updating your preferences.
- D. Social Media. Our website and mobile site may contain links to online forums. Think carefully before you post or publish any personal information in these forums as it will be publicly available.
- E. Third Party Advertisements Online. To try and bring you offers that are of interest to you, VDMfest has relationships with other companies that we allow to place advertisements on our web pages. If you visit our website or mobile site, ad serving companies may collect information such as your domain type, your IP address and click-stream information.
- F. Secure Online Transactions. If you make a purchase through our website or mobile site, we process your credit/debit card details securely over the Internet using PAYPAL. With the combination of DigiCert SSL encryption on our website/mobile site and a secure browser at your end, we take all reasonable measures to ensure that your credit/debit card and personal information are protected when you purchase online. We also recommend that you take appropriate security precautions when accessing the internet via public Wi-Fi networks or shared computers.
- G. Links to other websites. Sometimes our website or mobile site contains links to third party websites, for your convenience and information. When you access a non- VDMfest website, please understand that VDMfest is not responsible for the privacy practices of that site. We suggest that you review the privacy policies of each site you visit.
Additional privacy information and how to contact VDMfest
- via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org